fashion production assistant
An opportunity has opened up to join the Big Wild Thought team. It is a 12 MONTH fixed contract, with a review for a permanent contract after the 12 months.
We are looking for a hardworking and sociable person to join our small but growing team at our office in Wath-Upon-Dearne but we will be moving premises in Summer 2022 to Dinnington, Sheffield, so all candidates MUST be able to travel to both offices.
The main roles will be to help fulfil customers’ orders. This includes embroidering stock, sewing labels, folding and packing.
- Organising stock ready for production
- Weekly stock checksUse shipping system to dispatch orders
- Quality control checks on products before they are packaged
- Maintenance of machinery weekly
- Assist on in-house photoshoots
- Other general tasks around the workplace
- 1-2 years of job experience needed
- Organised and have attention to detail as well as good time management skills
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being on your feet most of the day
- Basic IT skills
- Be able to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Excellent communication skillsInterest in fashion and conservation
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Experience using an industrial embroidery machine
- Using a sewing machine
You will need to be confident and want to progress within the company. All training on computer programs and embroidery machines will be given. No experience is necessary.
- 12 MONTH fixed contract, with a review for a permanent contract after the 12 months.£16.5K to £19K per year depending on age, experience and ability
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays and time off over the Christmas period
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm in our Rotherham office, (but we will be moving premises in Summer 2022, to Dinnington, Sheffield, so MUST be able to travel to both offices)
- 50% Employee discount
- Company performance bonus
- Workplace Pension if eligible
Start date – March 2022
To apply, please include a cover letter with your CV and send to email@example.com.